Escape Holiday Cottages: Terms & Conditions
- The number of people occupying any one Property is limited to that stated in the promotional material unless by prior consent with the Owner. The Hirer shall not sub-let the premises or any part thereof.
- You must pay a 30% deposit on booking, with the remainder of the balance payable 9 weeks before the start of the Let. If a booking is made less than 9 weeks before the start of the holiday the full rental charge is due. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges will result in the Owner treating the Property as available for re-booking.
- Please notify the Owner of any cancellation as soon as possible by email or in writing. If a notice of cancellation is received more than nine weeks prior to your holiday start, then the deposit will be retained unless the Property can be re-let. If cancellation is made more than six weeks before the holiday start (i.e. the whole rent has been paid) then 50% of the whole amount paid will be retained unless the Property can be re-let. If cancellation is made less than four weeks before the holiday start, then the whole amount paid will be retained unless the Property can be re-let. If a re-let is successful, then a full refund will be made. We highly recommend Cancellation Insurance to guard against unforeseen difficulties and charges.
- Should the Property, after booking, become unavailable through any cause, you must accept that the Owners liability is limited to the amount of any rent paid.
- Escape Holiday Cottages does not accept dogs without the prior written approval on the owner. No Smoking is permitted anywhere inside any of the properties.
- You accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guest’s risk.
- You agree to use the Property solely for its intended purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept the Owners right to refuse to hand over the Property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours or other guests, unreasonable behaviour may result in the Owner requesting you to leave.
- You agree to allow the Owners or agents access to the Property at all reasonable times. We will only ever request access to your property in case of an emergency, e.g. a water leak.
- You must respect and look after your accommodation during your stay and you must leave the Property clean and tidy. Please let us know of any damage or breakages so we can repair or replace them for the next guests. We reserve the right to charge for any damage or breakages.
- The person named on the booking form will be considered as the ‘Responsible Person’ who shall ensure that each property is left in a clean and orderly condition.
- You must vacate the Property by 10am at the latest on your day of departure unless special arrangements have been made with the Owner. Guest arrival time is from 4pm onward unless special arrangements have been made with the owner.